10" f/4.5 Newtonian on homemade EQ for sale $500

10" f/4.5 Newtonian on homemade EQ for sale $500

rogercelliott
 This is a LARGE, almost 15-year old telescope with mail order bought components and a homemade mounting that can track the stars automatically. The tube is 48" long and 12" wide. It has a 2" diameter focuser made by MoonLIte Focusers - very nice! This telescope can see all of the planets including the belts of Jupiter and rings of Saturn. There are two clock drives made by OptiCraft Drives. One for the Right Ascension axle and one for Declination axle. The mounting breaks down into the declination axle, the right ascension axle, the pedestal and three legs. The optical assembly comes in a soft-sided padded case. The main mirror made by Orion has a small chip in the center which does not affect image quality. The mirror was refigured by Optic Wave Laboratories in Sacramento to a P-V Wave Front of 1/8 and a Strehl Ratio of 0.951. Certification will come with the scope. The scope has a fan for getting the 10" mirror to outside temperature quickly. This is a telescope that gives beautiful wide angle views of the skies and will take in many small, faint nebulae and galaxies.
Eyepieces included:
Meade QX wide angle 30mm 2" diameter
Meade QX wide angle 20mm 1.25" diameter
University Optics UW 80 degree angle 15mm 2" diameter
University Optics Orthoscopic 24mm 1.25" diameter
University Optics Orthoscopic 10.5mm 1,25" diameter
Meade Plossl 9mm Illuminated Reticle eyepiece for tracking stars while Photographing the sky.
2x Barlow Camera adapter for Nikon cameras for taking photos through telescope

Filters
15 yellow
58 green
80a blue
25 red
Orion SkyGlow light pollution filter
2" variable polarizer for looking at moon
1.25" variable polarizer
Orion Collimator eyepiece
Laser Newtonian Collimator
Green Laser pointer
50mm x 360mm FL finder scope
I need to sell everything together, especially the mounting and scope. Price negotiable.
I am located in Redding, CA, 2 hours north of Sacramento. I am not sure such a large bulky mounting could be shipped economically so I'm hoping someone within driving distance would be interested. I'm willing to drive 4 hours in any direction maybe longer if I can schedule it.
PS if interested, I have more pics that I can send.