2019 Participants

gigi_ixchel
Hi guys,

I’m super interested in attending the events and meet ups. I went to Lassen’s Dark Sky Festival last night with some friends and now want to be a part of a local club to learn more! Astronomy fascinates me! I haven’t seen any recent posts and wanted to see who else goes, what the events are like and what I should bring :)

Thanks!

Andrea

Re: 2019 Participants

Shasta Astronomy
Administrator
Hi and welcome Andrea,

That's fantastic, we're excited to have you join us.

Shasta Astronomy is very laid back and we really enjoy welcoming new folks into the hobby. As you can probably tell, our forums aren't particularly active and we end up doing most of our communications via Facebook (just search for Shasta Astronomy Club on the social network).

We have about a dozen active members coming out most of the time and about 40 total members on our mailing list. We're currently doing our summer Friday Night Astronomy events with the Park Rangers at Whiskeytown National Recreation Area as well as our monthly Saturday night Star Parties. Both of these happen at the Oak Bottom Marina Parking Lot. In September, we'll be starting back with our monthly club breakfast meet-up on the last Saturday of the month over at Humble Joe's on Hartnell here in Redding.

The star parties are all open to the public and all you need to do is show up. If you have ma telescope, feel free to bring it and join in. We have a wide range of gear and skill levels so there is a lot of help close by to get you started (as well as plenty of friendly kidding going on...I routinely loose the North Star and am soundly chastised about it). Beyond that, a set of camp chairs are always nice and a red light is strongly advised. As you probably learned from Lassen, red lights don't affect your night vision as opposed to destroying night vision with white lights.

Looking forward to meeting you in person,
Greg Williams
Shasta Astronomy

On Sat, Aug 3, 2019 at 6:50 AM gigi_ixchel [via Welcome] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi guys,

I’m super interested in attending the events and meet ups. I went to Lassen’s Dark Sky Festival last night with some friends and now want to be a part of a local club to learn more! Astronomy fascinates me! I haven’t seen any recent posts and wanted to see who else goes, what the events are like and what I should bring :)

Thanks!

Andrea

http://welcome.32296.n7.nabble.com/2019-Participants-tp247.html
To start a new topic under Shasta Astronomy Club, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from Shasta Astronomy Club, click here.
NAML

Shasta Astronomy Club

Shasta Astronomy Club on Facebook

Re: 2019 Participants

gigi_ixchel
Thank you very much Greg!
I couldn’t make it this week as my mom came into town to visit today but sometime soon!!! I’m very excited for this new hobby!! I made a friend who does astrophotography and I anticipate her joining me on my trip to the marina!

Thanks

Andrea

On Sat, Aug 3, 2019 at 09:51 Shasta Astronomy [via Welcome] <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

http://welcome.32296.n7.nabble.com/2019-Participants-tp247p248.html
To unsubscribe from 2019 Participants, click here.
NAML