Binoculars

SocSooz
Hello everyone,

Can anyone recommend a pair of binoculars for viewing planets that are under $100? My husband is very interested in Astronomy and I would like to get him a pair as a surprise. He has huge hands, but I anticipate needing a tripod for the binoculars since they seem so big.

Thank you for your help, we might join the club in the future if we are able.

- Susan

Re: Binoculars

Shasta Astronomy
Administrator
Hi Susan,

Binoculars are a fantastic way to get into astronomy and are certainly on of the cheaper ways of doing it.  Here's a great article from Space.com that talks about binoculars in general and includes a great graphic comparing several.  Personally, I like Celestron equipment and have used several of their smaller binos over the years.  Currently, I use one of their 7x50 models as they are small enough to live in my observing bag and cheap enough to replace if something happens to them.  If I was buying a pair now that would be my primary observing tool, I'd go with the 20x80 Skymaster model.

Hope that helps a little,
Greg Williams
Shasta Astronomy

On Tue, Jun 28, 2016 at 9:36 PM, SocSooz [via Welcome] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello everyone,

Can anyone recommend a pair of binoculars for viewing planets that are under $100? My husband is very interested in Astronomy and I would like to get him a pair as a surprise. He has huge hands, but I anticipate needing a tripod for the binoculars since they seem so big.

Thank you for your help, we might join the club in the future if we are able.

- Susan

http://welcome.32296.n7.nabble.com/Binoculars-tp93.html
To start a new topic under Shasta Astronomy Club, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from Shasta Astronomy Club, click here.
NAML

Shasta Astronomy Club

Shasta Astronomy Club on Facebook

Follow Shasta Astronomy on Twitter