Civil war spy glass

Mike
I have been given a gift of a civil war spy glass. Either a cavalry or artillery piece. 6" when collapsed, 13.5" when extended. When it is extended I closer spots ( dust, dirt, or damaged lens. ) Interested in finding out restoration or cleaning. It is an authented piece. Looking for direction, or someone who can assist me in making this item fully functional.  Call Mike @ 530-646-5278.   Thank you in advance

Re: Civil war spy glass

Shasta Astronomy
Administrator
Hi Mike,

The best place to take a find like that would be to Crown Camera here in Redding.  They are a fantastic resource and I can't recommend them enough.

Greg Williams

On Mon, Mar 6, 2017 at 10:20 AM, Mike [via Welcome] <[hidden email]> wrote:
I have been given a gift of a civil war spy glass. Either a cavalry or artillery piece. 6" when collapsed, 13.5" when extended. When it is extended I closer spots ( dust, dirt, or damaged lens. ) Interested in finding out restoration or cleaning. It is an authented piece. Looking for direction, or someone who can assist me in making this item fully functional.  Call Mike @ <a href="tel:(530)%20646-5278" value="+15306465278" target="_blank">530-646-5278.   Thank you in advance

http://welcome.32296.n7.nabble.com/Civil-war-spy-glass-tp100.html
To start a new topic under Shasta Astronomy Club, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from Shasta Astronomy Club, click here.
NAML

Shasta Astronomy Club

Shasta Astronomy Club on Facebook

Follow Shasta Astronomy on Twitter