Earth Day Celebration Invitation

Shasta Astronomy
Administrator
Randy Reed of Shasta College has invited us to join in their Earth Day Celebrations. Here's a quick write up of what the event entails - Earth Day 2015 Events! * Earth Day Eve with Rick Bass in the Theater, Tuesday, April 21, 2015, 7:30PM * Earth Day Celebration in the campus quad, Wednesday, April 22, 2015, 10AM to 2PM You and your organization are invited to host a booth at the Shasta College Earth Day Celebration! As a presenter, there will be a great opportunity to explain the role you have in the region’s environmental health. There will be multiple groups in the quad that are committed to environmental stewardship, most through monitoring and regulation or by the utilization of sustainable practices, or both. An Earth Day Expedition will have students and the attending public moving through the quad looking to gain answers to Earth Day themed questions from presenters. Students will interact with your booth in an effort to understand the vital role your organization plays and it is this educational component of our celebration that can make such a difference. The event is NOT a "commercial" setting and no booth present will be there to sell any material goods. Rather, they will be present to describe their efforts toward sustainability and environmental awareness. Put simply, our Earth Day event is to promote connections that humans have to the Earth. Still, it will be a celebration! Music, some poetry and this year, on Earth Day Eve, Rick Bass will speak in a free event open to the public at the Theater. Rick will be present the following day (Earth Day) for the activities in the quad, too. To find out more about this multi-award winning author of many books focused on environmental awareness, follow this link: Rick Bass<http://www.rickbass.net/>. We are hoping you can attend this year, the 45th anniversary of Earth Day. We do expect the media to return (last year we had television coverage) and are planning for quite a mass of students moving from booth to booth in the quad while enjoying live music, readings, and that early 70's vibe we developed last year. Prizes are to be a part of the event and there will be a free lunch for all presenters. Oh, yes, the quad event is free, too, and open to the public!