Events

12

Re: Events

Shasta Astronomy
Administrator
Ok, I'm going to risk it.  I'll be heading up the hill around 4:30pm and stay as long as the dew will let me.

GregW

Re: Events

Shasta Astronomy
Administrator
WOW!  What a great night it turned out to be!  Because of the questionable weather earlier in the day, my scope was the only one set up but we had several pairs of binoculars as well as some knowledgeable star hoppers visiting from Alabama.  We also had some students from Shasta College come up and get some observing time logged.

All in all, a surprisingly good night

Re: Events

gmushial
Always glad to hear when the questionable turns out positive...  especially with the SC students getting another event signed off on: the semester is coming to an end and some are desperately far behind in signoffs. ...  did you get a large SC student turnout, or just a few?

Re: Events

Shasta Astronomy
Administrator
Just a few and I didn't get their names,  Randy and I are trying to set up a solar viewing for the 2nd at the college so we can get some more folks signed off on some of their requirements.  Do the students have any sort of observing list of objects they need to look at?  I wasn't getting a whole lot of feedback from them last night (although, to be fair, they had a couple of young kids who were afraid of the dark in tow). .

On Sun, Nov 23, 2014 at 10:51 AM, gmushial [via Welcome] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Always glad to hear when the questionable turns out positive...  especially with the SC students getting another event signed off on: the semester is coming to an end and some are desperately far behind in signoffs. ...  did you get a large SC student turnout, or just a few?

http://welcome.32296.n7.nabble.com/Events-tp12p45.html
To start a new topic under Shasta Astronomy Club, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from Events, click here.
NAML

Shasta Astronomy Club

Shasta Astronomy Club on Facebook

Follow Shasta Astronomy on Twitter
@ShastaAstronomy

Re: Events

gmushial
Then it sounds like a whole bunch still need multiple events...  :-(  W/re objects: I can't speak for Randy, but my impression is simply a couple hours of eyepiece time, just seeing what they probably haven't ever seen in their lives, or imagined was out there. I'll be trying an event here Tu or We night (weather permitting) and was planning on the standard: M13 if it's not too far to the west, M57, M31/32/110, the Cygnus starcloud, Perseus Double Cluster (with a 50mm eyepiece so that both are in the field), M76 (as an example of adverted vision), M45, M1, M35/37/38, and if it's above the trees, M42/43/Trapezium; though Randy has been talking about Jupiter, but that's way over by Regulus, ie, hours later.

Re: Events

Shasta Astronomy
Administrator
Hi Greg,

A couple of us will be up at our Whiskeytown site tomorrow (Tuesday) night around 5pm for a couple of hours.  Feel free to send some of the students up for some scope time.

Greg

http://welcome.32296.n7.nabble.com/Events-tp12p48.html
To start a new topic under Shasta Astronomy Club, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from Events, click here.
NAML

Re: Events

Shasta Astronomy
Administrator
I hope everybody is having a stellar Holiday Season and just want to remind folks of our final three events of the year.

Saturday will be our last club breakfast of the year - come join us at Humble Joe's at 8AM for the fun.
Saturday night looks to give us some clear skies for a STAR PARTY!  Bring out all that new astrogear (along with warm clothes) to the Whiskeytown Lake site and enjoy the winter sky.

Monday night will be one of our Sidewalk Astronomy events at Turtle Bay and is always a blast.

I hope you can tear yourself away from the eggnog and chestnuts and join us for any or all of these events.

Re: Events

Shasta Astronomy
Administrator
It's looking like those mid-level clouds are going to interfere with our Sidewalk Astronomy event scheduled for tonight at Turtle Bay.  I'll be making the final decision regarding the clouds by 5pm tonight and posting it on our Facebook page that you can find here.

Re: Events

Shasta Astronomy
Administrator
We've got a full Moon so any deep sky stuff is out the window for tonight but we're going to give it a shot at Turtle Bay tonight.

Re: Events

Corky
I came out to the Whiskeytown Lake site about 7:30 with my gear - but the clouds were moving in and no one was there - so I headed out after awhile. Hope to see you next time.

Re: Events

Shasta Astronomy
Administrator
Well, it's looking like the weather might be cooperating for our Star Party this Saturday.  We'll be meeting at the Shasta Mine Loop Trail Parking Lot after dusk.  Dress warm as the forecast is calling for mid-40s for the evening.

Re: Events

Shasta Astronomy
Administrator
Don't forget, we are having our monthly Club Breakfast tomorrow morning (Saturday) at Humble Joe's on Hartnell in Redding at 8:00am.  Come out and join us!

Re: Events

Shasta Astronomy
Administrator
Don't forget our Star Party tonight (April 18) at Whiskeytown Lake!  Come out and join us.

Re: Events

Shasta Astronomy
Administrator
If the clouds stay away, we'll be having a Star Party at our Paige Bar Rd. (Shasta Mine Loop Trail Parking Lot) site at Whiskeytown Lake.  Come on up and join us.
12