Fixing up Scope

Bob

Fixing up Scope

Bob
Hello found a 900mm Reflector Scope at yard sale 32" tube for 5.00 bucks
decided to fix her up added a new 1.25 focuser brand new 4.5 inch objective mirror.
now in the process of adding black flocking contact paper inside the tube.
knowing really not much on how a scope works seems I am learning more an more as I go.
A Beginner’s Guide to Collimation http://www.garyseronik.com/?q=node/169
and Centre-Dotting Your Scope's Primary Mirror, very Important  http://www.garyseronik.com/?q=node/168
made this task very easy to do an understand.

its been a lot of fun.   thanks for reading

Bob

Re: Fixing up Scope

Greg Williams
Hi Bob,

Welcome and thanks for posting those links.  Quite a few of us have reflector type scopes and fine tuning guides are always welcome.