assesories

kyle
YAY I got a 6 inch dobsonian so i'm looking at assesories. I already have a 2x barlow and a 25 and 6.3 mm eye pieces so i'm wondering if you have any suggestions and how useful a light pollution or nebula fillter is

Re: assesories

Shasta Astronomy
Administrator
Hi Kyle,

of the two, I'd get a light pollution filter (Orion calls their's a Sky Glow filter) and it can be used for some nebula observing.  Keep in mind that any filter you put on your scope will reduce the amount of light getting to your eye and make the image that much dimmer.  I've got a Sky Glow filter in my kit that you are more than welcome to borrow to see if you like it before spending money on one.

Greg

On Sat, Jan 16, 2016 at 1:13 PM, kyle [via Welcome] <[hidden email]> wrote:
YAY I got a 6 inch dobsonian so i'm looking at assesories. I already have a 2x barlow and a 25 and 6.3 mm eye pieces so i'm wondering if you have any suggestions and how useful a light pollution or nebula fillter is

http://welcome.32296.n7.nabble.com/assesories-tp85.html
To start a new topic under Shasta Astronomy Club, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from Shasta Astronomy Club, click here.
NAML

Shasta Astronomy Club

Shasta Astronomy Club on Facebook

Follow Shasta Astronomy on Twitter
@ShastaAstronomy

Re: assesories

Shasta Astronomy
Administrator
Hey Kyle,

It looks like our weather isn't cooperating after all.  I just talked to Al and we're going to be staying home tonight :-(

Sorry,
Greg