what ufo did i see?

brentmarble3
Hii..

I was getting my first view of the Orion nebula (i think) when this very tiny object which looked like a faint star went zooming past. It took about 5 seconds to go across my FOV. I was using an 8" reflector at x48. It freaked me out a bit I've seen satellites before with the naked eye, but this was so far away and moving so fast. A comet? An Imperial-class Star Destroyer Any ideas?

Thanks!

I didn't find the right solution from the Internet.

References:-

http://www.astronomyforum.net/general-astronomy-forum/118579-what-ufo-did-i-see.html

Video animation Pricing

Re: what ufo did i see?

Shasta Astronomy
Administrator
My guess would be a satellite.  We usually see several on observing nights and they are always a lot of fun.  They usually move much faster and are fairly bright so it might have been a small piece of space debris moving along with the Earth's rotation so it looked slow.

But, given the lack of additional evidence, go for the Imperial Star Destroyer ;-)